Hey! EL The Cook loves a sumptuous Sunday Brunch, however like most at home, we love to relax over the weekend..
Enter the One Pot super delicious looking Choriz with fried eggs! A classic Goan recipe with Portuguese origins, this meal will certainly satisfy your Sunday Brunch cravings without you having to work too hard in the kitchen!
Choriz or locally made Goan sausages are a heavier, spicier take on the classic Portuguese Chorizo, they are made by curing pork with Salt Petre, spices and locally made goan vinegar.
Widely available at the local supermarkets, choriz is an acquired taste..but used in the right quantity, creates sensational dishes!
INGREDIENTS: (Serves 2)
(Cook Time : 20 minutes)
- Heavy Pan
- Chefs knife
- Microwave friendly glass
- Cutting board
- Serving Plates
- To the heavy pan, add the oil, onion,garlic and the choriz (de-skinned). Sauté on a medium heat for 5 minutes
- In a glass, add a cup of water and the stock cube, warm in microwave for about a minute
- To the slightly caramelized ingredients in the pan, add the puréed tomato and herbs
- Now add the stock, tablespoon at a time, reducing till the gravy becomes thick.
- When you’re satisfied with the consistency, crack the eggs into the gravy
- Simmer for 5 minutes and cover.
- Serve with bread or rotis.
So enjoy EL The Cooks, super gorgeous, fiery Sunday Brunch this weekend!
Have an awesome weekend!